You would never know it by looking outside but Spring has officially arrived in Calgary. With arrival of Spring comes one of everyone’s most dreaded tasks; home spring cleaning and home spring maintenance to prepare for the upcoming months. As many of us do, there are tasks that you have been delaying, waiting for this never-ending Calgary winter to finally come to a much anticipated and long-awaited end. We have included a list below that should help get you off your feet and give you an idea of few spring maintenance tasks that you should think about tackling!
- Service your fireplace, woodstove, and chimney as necessary
- Make sure the gas fireplace and furnace pilot lights are turned off whenever possible
- Ensure your smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector and security alarms are equipped with charged batteries and are functioning adequately
- Inspect and clean furnace filters, and replace if necessary. If you have a Heat Recovery Ventilation system, your filters should be inspected every couple of months
- Check to make sure your air condition system is working properly. Be sure to have it serviced every few years
- Clean and replace air conditioning filters as often as you can
- Clean windows and screens. Repair or replace screens if damaged or worn out
- Once weather conditions have warmed up, open the valve to the outside water hose connection
- Repair and paint fences if they are in poor condition
- Touch up areas on your exterior that were damaged by the harsh winter conditions
- Ensure sump pump and downspout spouts are pointed away from the home so that the draining water doesn’t pool up and potentially cause a flood
- Remove all debris out of drainage ditches
- Start carrying out any spring landscaping that is necessary; fertilize young trees
We hope that you found these springs maintenance tips helpful. This Spring Calgary Real Estate Market is shaping up to be a very busy and record setting few months. Conditions are still very favorable for home sellers. Buyer’s demand is very strong, that combined with a small inventory of listings has resulted in rising home prices and home sales. If you are interested in taking advantage of this opportunity to maximize the value for your Calgary property please CONTACT US today!
Home Sweet Home Team